A Day of Simple Health – March 9th, 2013
Join the millions of people worldwide who have discovered the life-saving connection between lifestyle choices and sickness and disease. At A Day of Simple Health you will learn the life-changing, life-saving information that allowed Becky Campos to reclaim her health from twelve years of chronic, debilitating illness and stage two breast cancer. Whether you are fighting for your life or are on the journey toward optimal health, all will benefit from the information, research, wisdom and recipes shared at Simple Health Ministries most popular class.
A Day of Simple Health lays a foundation of basic health and wellness knowledge that you will continue to build upon after leaving. The purpose of the class is to increase health and wellness knowledge and understanding by assisting you in becoming a critical health thinker, introducing you to The Twelve Laws of Simple Health and encourging mastery of The Twelve Laws of Simple Health.
What You Can Expect
- A sound understanding of what health is and what health is not
- A system of thought that will assist you in your health decisions so that you are not at the mercy of every new health craze, diet, product, etc.
- A system of thought that will asisst you in troubleshooting symptoms
- A profound respect for your physical being the Creator’s design
- The necessary, life-changing, life-saving knowledge to reclaim your health from sickness and disease
- A strategy for prevention of disease for you and your children
What You Will Enjoy
- Hands-on demonstrations, examples and visual aids
- Samples of delicious, healthy recipes like blueberry cake and apple salad
- Practical skills for implementing health at every stage of life
- Practical skills for implementing health on any budget
What You Will Take Home
- A printed and bound Simple Health Manual with all of the information you will learn
- A Day of Simple Health checklist to assist you in mastering The Twelve Laws of Simple Health
- Recommended resources for further study and application
- Simple recipes for life
A Day of Simple Health Schedule
9:00-10:30 An Introduction to Simple Health
- Becky’s story: crisis, diagnosis and the cure
- Health Intelligence: Did you know that health is first what we think and then what we do? Where are you on the Health Intelligence Scale?
- Obstacles to creating health
- Two necessary factors for simple health
- The uses and misuses of our healthcare industry and how to determine what role they play, if any
- The totality of health vs. isolated approaches to health
- Four pillars of critical thinking about health
- What is health? Where does it come from? Is it internal or external?
- Health is created vs. health just happens
- What about the hereditary factor?
10:30-11:30 Becoming a Critical Health Thinker
Health begins first with how we think and second with what we do. Health is more than exercise and increasing consumption of fruit and vegetables. If a person is not trained to think judiciously and interpret health information in light of The Twelve Laws of Simple Health, health information can easily become a list of do’s and don’ts, a burden and another problem rather than an answer. In this session you will learn:
- Introduction to The Twelve Laws of Simple Health
- What is a critical health thinker? How do you become a critical health thinker?
- The science behind the laws of health; understanding the human design
- The disease of affluence (cancer, heart disease, diabetes, NAFL, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fibromyalgia, digestive disorders, arthritis, allergies, environmental sensitivity, Lupus, MS, etc.) Why are Americans losing the battle against the diseases of affluence?
- What is the difference between alternative medicine and lifestyle medicine?
- Mastering personal responsibility for your health
11:30-12:30 The Law of Nutrition & The Law of Water
From the time of conception to the time of death the body requires nutrition for development, sustaining life, preventing disease, reversing disease and end of life/pain reduction. Reclaiming your health and preventing disease begins with the Law of Nutrition.
- Nutrition from birth to death
- Simple defintions for life
- What is food?
- Processed foods and status foods
- Animal-based foods vs. plant-based foods
- Raw foods vs. cooked foods
- Digestive health
- Food allergies
- The simple truth about protein, carbohydrates and fat
- Simple Health Measures: how to make wise health decisions
- based on who you are
- How to drink water
12:30-1:30 Dismissed for Lunch
Please bring a lunch or eateries such as Paradise Bakery, Chipotle and Subway are just down the street.
1:40-2:40 The Law of Nutrition Part II: The Omega Factor
- Understanding fat: body fat, satured fat, trans fat and Omega 3, 6 and 9
- How to read a food label
- Simple Health Scale: is your body at normal, good and efficient functioning?
- How to know you’ve arrived at a 10 on the Simple Health Scale
- Troubleshooting for health: interpreting symptoms as warning signals
2:40-3:40 The Law of Fasting and Cleaning/The Dean Principle
- The human digestive system is designed to break down food, assimilate nutrients and remove food waste and debris. Digestive and colon health is directly dependent on abiding by The Twelve Laws of Simple Health.
- Digestive and colon health
- The progression of digestive diseases
- Normal elimination; interpreting elimination
- How to fast for health: how long should I fast? What should I consume during a fast? How do I break the fast?
- Cleansing for health
3:40-5:00 This class offers a summary of the remaining laws of health. Each law works together synergistically to prevent disease and create and sustain health.
The Law of Exercise
- Exercise and the lymphatic system
- Balancing hormones with exercise
- Circulation and preventing sickness and disease
The Law of Sleep
- The definition of sleep
- The myth of the “night owl”
- Natural body cycles
- The healing work of sleep
The Law of Rest
- The definition of rest
- Simple questions to evaluate whether you are getting sufficient rest for simple health
- How to structure rest into your day
The Law of Reducing Stress
- The definition of stress
- Stress-related conditions
- Mastering reducing stress in the most stressful times of life
- Reducing stress starts with how you think
The Law of Fresh Air/Breathing
- Human beings, animal life and vegetation are dependent on fresh air for survival
- Simple health requires breathing fresh air from the outdoor environment
- Ideal, best, better, good and unhealthy measures of daily fresh air
The Law of Sunlight
- Vitamin D2 and D3
- Vitamin D supplements
- When and how will you get your Vitamin D?
The Law Emotional Fortitude
- The human body is designed to function in unison
- What is your emotional status? Overemotional, unemotional, emotionally balanced
- How emotions affect the body
Mastering Simple Health
- Definition of master
- Mastering vs. haphazard
- You know you have mastered an item when…
- Mastering simple health checklist